Looking to join our team? Please call us at 847-446-0404 and ask for Michael.
We are looking for a Line Cook to join our kitchen team and help prepare meals according to our standard recipes. In this position, your principal goal will be to prepare meals that meet the chef’s exact specifications. You will be responsible for setting up the prep station, stocking inventory, and maintaining sanitation standards. To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate will possess communication and multi-tasking skills. Ultimately, you will play an essential role in contributing to our customer satisfaction and restaurant growth.
- Ensure the preparation station and the kitchen is set up and stocked.
- Prepare components of each dish on the menu by chopping vegetables, cutting meat, and preparing sauces.
- Report to the head chef and cook the menu items that the head chef assigns to you.
- Complete presentation of dishes to be sent to restaurant patrons.
- Ensure that dishes are timed correctly for parties of restaurant patrons.
- Make sure food preparation and storage areas meet health and safety standards.
- Clean prep areas and take care of leftovers.
- Stock inventory and supplies.
- Cook menu items with the support of the kitchen staff.
- 0-2 years’ experience as a line chef, restaurant cook or prep cook (we will train).
- Understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures.
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks.
- Knowledge of restaurant best practices and cooking methods.
- Communication and organizational skills (Spanish speaking is a plus).
- Aptitude for multi-tasking.